2019 was the year of boho style and it’s not going anywhere anytime soon if you ask me. This style really gives a lot of freedom to your wedding; colour, textures; comfort; and so much more. If this style is calling to you, there are a ways to create the perfect boho wedding without going over board (PUT DOWN THE PINTEREST).
Keep in mind during your planning process, boho style is all about simplifying but bringing in elegance in certain areas. There are a few key areas that you should focus on while designing your wedding.
- Mix and match textures and items. Things don’t have to match. They have to go together. So mix and match your dishes. Add a variety of textures. Mix natural elements of wood, grass or greenry with metals, fabrics, macrame and more.
- Use some colour. You could go super natural and pull off boho, but what draws people to boho is the use of bright colours. Reds, pinks, purples, blues, yellows- the sky’s the limit really. Now the trick is not to go over board, but rather sprinkling these colours throughout.
- Get creative with backdrops but stick to the minimalistic side (think macrame, simplistic arches, hoops, etc). A beautiful ceremony arch (that can double as your backdrop to the head table) should have clean lines, florals, textures.
- A lounge area is a must. Bring the indoors out, with couches, armchairs carpets and side tables. This is perfect for cocktail hour or after dinner to allow guests to sit and chat in style.
- Favours are homemade, eco-friendly or not at all. Reducing our our impact on the environment, or trying to better it, is really at the heart of boho style. So giving a favour must have a purpose or filled with love. Think homemade jam, organic honey, seed paper, or a donation to your favourite organization
Hope these points help create your perfect boho wedding.
Want help designing your boho wedding? Let’s chat about how I can help.
Photography by Calvin Frank Photography