I’ll admit, 2015 didn’t end with the raving success I had anticipated at the start of the year. The last few months were really hard in a lot of ways for me and as I rang in the new year I still felt down. Everyone around me seemed to be pumped and ready to bring on 2016 and all the big things they will continue to do and will set out to do. I on the other hand was feeling like I didn’t even know what path to face let alone which one to go down. I can now say I finally am feeling revamped, motivated and ready for this year. I have a new sense of direction.
2015 started with 15 goals that I had hoped to accomplish. I will say I didn’t cross them all off but I did cross off some biggies and actually feel really good with what I did accomplish. 2016 I am setting out 16 goals to build on what I set out to do in 2015 and really expand my business (or side projects?-more to information to come later) and have some personal growth. I think business and personal growth go hand in hand. Both are always changing and need to ensure the changes still fit together.
I have broken my goals for this year into 3 categories in order to focus my energy better and ensure that my small goals for this year are actually working towards my bigger picture. Here they are:
1. Increase Income
- Develop passive income ideas
- Increase number of clients this year
- Develop side projects
2. Create a Better Business System
- Work on a better blogging schedule
- Have more consistent social media
- Network more
- Invest and create more style shoots this year
- Work at better bookkeeping and filing
- Create a better system for new inquiries and client experience
3. Invest and Work at Personal Growth
- Attend 1 conference this year
- Be intentional and present in everything I do, especially with family
- Be more positive
- Stop complaining
- Don’t be embarrassed or ashamed of my path (stop comparing)
- Be open to new experiences
- Have a better work/life balance
So I’m saying goodbye 2015 and hello 2016. Can’t wait to really see what this year has in store.