You have picked a date and if you are planning a more traditional wedding, have also secured your ceremony at your preferred church/temple/synagogue. Now it’s time to book your venue. (Note: These book far in advance, so even though most planning timelines will say 12 months in advance, your dream spot may already be booked.) It’s best to narrow your search to three places to check out. Go to each locations with a list of questions you want to ask:
- Are you available on our date? (A no brainer, I know but some people forget to ask.)
- What is the guest capacity?
- Do you have pre-set packages, and what do they include?
- Who will be the contact for the day?
- Will there be any others weddings (or potentially) on the same day?
- When can we come in to set up?
- Do you have a required vendor list?
- What are you policies around alcohol?
- Can we bring in our own?
These are just a few examples, there may be more that you want to ask that are specific to your wedding. You are essentially interviewing this venue to see if it’s the right fit for your vision and you want to make sure it’s perfect.